Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure the rotor position of a PMSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNgai

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, do you guys know how to measure the rotor position (esp for standstill position) of a surface-mounted PMSG, I got to know how to meaure it if it is interior PMSG.. but I have no clue on a surface-mounted PMSG.

Cheers.

you can use Hall Sensors. Three Hall sensor would be enough to sense the position of 3 phase motor for control purpse.

Umesh.

Hey Umesh, Thanks for your reply.

But I am wondering, how to use the signal generated from the hall sensor compare with the supply voltage to the motor for determining the rotor position?

do you have any article I can refer to?..

Cheers !

I think you can use MC33035 IC to drive the motor. Read the IC manual. You need to have an inverter, DC power supply along with that to drive the motor.

Umesh.

Thx for your reply.

Btw, U know how and where to fix the 3 hall sensors into the PMSG (drill a hole on the stator magnets?), and what measurement tools could be used to ensure they are separate by 120 mechanical degree?

Cheerss!!

Did you placed the magnet in stator and winding on rotor? These hall sensor used to be small. You need to place the sensor in 120 Electrcial degree . Better to place them at starting point of winding/magnet.

Umesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.