Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin swapiing on DDR data lanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimaA

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I swap data lanes in the data bus of the DDR? I mean, can I, for example, connect DATA[0] from CPU to DATA[12] of DDR? it can help me in routing.

Hello DImaA,
It totally depends on the Interfacing technicque you have followed.

You cannnot simply swipe the Data lines.
You need to cunsult your Hardware Design Engineer to see the Impact on design when you swipe.

IF you are using DDR which is interfaced with only one Microcontroller
- IF you swipe D0 with D15
D0--> D15
D15--> D0
- While reading also you will read in the same fashion from DDR.
D15-->D0
D0-->D15
- I dont see any issue in this fashion because when you recive the DATA again you will receive the correct DATA.

It depends on the way you have interfaced the whole design, if you can post the Circuit diagram will help us to comment.

Thanks

Probably it wold not work due to data mask signals. D[0] is lower byte and [D12] is upper byte. System will crash on byte accesses. But is very likely swap between D[2] and D[5] not to affect system work. In general data lines swapping is not recommended nor practiced in commercial systems AFAIK.

This is the design schematics
by the way, the data mask is not swapped

The image looks correct to me.

The swaps need to be within their respective data lanes, ie, 0-7 can be swapped with each other and 8-15 can be swapped within each other.

You should check with the engineer though. Sometimes they can be anal about these things.

Also, Data strobe (DQS) is not swapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back