Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resistor between circuit ground and chasis ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow00

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

my understand is that electronics equipment encloser is usually connected to earth. i saw in some circuit design the board ground (digital/analog) is connected to screw mounting holes with 1M ohm and some small capacitors. can i ask what's the purpose of the resistor and capacitor? why not use smaller value for the resistor? thanks.

br
Gordon

Hi IanP,

thanks for the link. did you save the topics as favorite or you search for it? i guess i will do the same in future.

br
Gordon

Hi,
I think to collect the better links in a bookmark folder is a must for an "interest", but it can be a probleme too_ i.e. if you need a reinstallation and it will forgeted too copy/rescue in case of virus attacke and reformatting...
I think, its better to storage some edited materials as doc-file or even make regulate a saving/backup copy.
K.

MODERATOR ACTION: All your signatures deleted. You may read this before use signatures in your posts

Oh, so it is to isolate the noise picked up the the chassis ground and the circuit ground?
So why use a small cap?
Isnt it better to use a large cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.