Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Magnetic Sensor that can sense the change in magnetic flux

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorrpeio

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am in need of magnetic sensor which could sense the change in magnetic flux.
Please tell me if any sensor of this kind is available or not.

My purpose is to get the exact location of the magnetic material which has fallen in between the magnetic field.

Re: Need Magnetic Sensor

search for 'hall effect sensor'.
it may suit your application.

srizbf
31stmay2010

As you are targeting to change in flux rather than the static value, a coil should be sufficient as a sensor. The integral of induced
voltage is proportional to flux change.

Thank you for the ideas

Hall Effect Sensor, might work, as I need to check the change in magnetic field.

I guess the option of coil is really mindblowing, hope I can implement it

i want to implement a vibration sensor that has a amgnet attached ona spring and a coil that gets the magnetic flux change converted to current. and then the current is amplified and a relay is switched... but i cant find the coil and the magnet piar anywhere from internet... i dont know what is this components special name etc.. but i have some oics that i would share if some one knows the name or some supplier plz tell me its name or from where can i buy this, the blue one is a coil .

Attachments

• Photo0102.jpg
    Photo0102.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Photo0103.jpg
    Photo0103.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Photo0104.jpg
    Photo0104.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Photo0105.jpg
    Photo0105.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 127
sorry for the bad quality of snaps, i will post new here
this is for alarm systems, its used to check if someone try to hit the door or try to open it forcefully... the spring is the same as described by Steve

the blue thing is a two terminal package for a coil, i had tried to tear open one and its just a coil wound on a plastic core. the concept is that the spring has a permanent magnet on it, when there are vibrations the spring makes the magnetic field to vibrate that induces some current in the coil, the signal is then amplified and through comparator fed to relay....

this is marked L1 that means its an inductor, but i am just wondering if there is a pair for magnet value and the inductance value for optimum results, or is it just a separate inductor,

how can i get optimum results?

Attachments

• 21062011405.jpg
    21062011405.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 21062011408.jpg
    21062011408.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 21062011410.jpg
    21062011410.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 121
  • 21062011412.jpg
    21062011412.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 21062011415.jpg
    21062011415.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 106
I tried to find out the circuit and what i came up with is something like this... so wanted to share here... may be its helpful ... and it can be verified also

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 126

you can use magnetic reed switch for your purpose.

this is marked L1 that means its an inductor, but i am just wondering if there is a pair for magnet value and the inductance value for optimum results, or is it just a separate inductor
It's surely a separate inductor of the bobbin core type. You need to know the inductance respectively the number of turns to find a comparable type. most likely it's the highest inductance available in the respective family of parts, may be 5 to 20 mH.
you can use magnetic reed switch for your purpose
It's clearly not suitable for a sensitive vibration switch to be used as a burglar alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back