Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Copper Pour Algorithm Oddities

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcasciola

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a PCB design in Altium Designer S09 where I have some rather small geometries. I am experiencing some behavior which I think is strange. My experience with P-CAD is that the copper pour algorithms handled this in a way I like better. Is there some setting I might be able to change somewhere to get the copper pour algorithm to fill in the areas circled in the attached JPEG in a way I have indicated with lines?

Thanks,

Randy

Seems like the algorithm tries to avoid acute angles by cutting some copper.

rcasciola said:
I am working on a PCB design in Altium Designer S09 where I have some rather small geometries. I am experiencing some behavior which I think is strange. My experience with P-CAD is that the copper pour algorithms handled this in a way I like better. Is there some setting I might be able to change somewhere to get the copper pour algorithm to fill in the areas circled in the attached JPEG in a way I have indicated with lines?

Thanks,

Randy

Can I see your definition of this copper pour and project Clearance rules? I think you have made mistake in definition of copper pour.

Added after 3 minutes:

I can't define clearance rule for my polygon. I want to make clearance from polygon on top layer to board outlines. I use AD summer 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back