Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what happened to ATMEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again price raise for atmel controller only in Kolkata.
atmega8L 110/-
At89S52 60/-
PIC Price is stable.

Yaa 8051 also increased on SP road bangalore I use to purchase it at INR40 now it is INR55 now ....PIC I bought two month back was 18F2550 on INR215 now become INR235 .....I asked them they are saying bcz of fule price.....*** knows...what the hell is happening ?

Hi,

In 2010, I used to include in my products AT89S8252 then AT89S8253. Suddenly I was informed that their prices have jumped rather high. But in the same period of time, I was surprised that the price of SST89E58RD(A) which is much more powerful of the latter while being compatible for old functions, is about the same price of the Atmel old low price. So I bought about 300 ICs and my controllers were able to have more user functions without cost increase.

Kerim

PS: Obviously I had to update the MCU firmware ;-)

You can get ATMEGA8L in Delhi at Rs.65-68/-+VAT ...Give me the qty you are proposing to purchase in per lots ..

can any body tell me why attiny2313 price is so high Rs.120 to Rs.145?? when atmega8 is 75

can any body tell me why attiny2313 price is so high Rs.120 to Rs.145?? when atmega8 is 75
I noticed that too, recently I saw that ATmega48 was cheaper that ATtiny26... Maybe Atmel wants to encourage users to use other MCUs and not the 2K flash family. ATtiny13 on the other hand, comes in a much more reasonable price at the moment.

All is good when price falling and if availability is ok. I think Microchip will have to change their prices soon. Atmel get more and more users. Maybe Microchip have blind and bad managers which deciding about prices.

In our place only tiny chip is available that is 2313. in small package PIC is available. and price is reasonable.

I think two chips are out of market or very high priced is atmega168/328 because of arduino/freeduino hype.

In my country ATMega168 DIP is 5eur, but I use DIP only for prototyping, and SMD for final version. SMD is much cheaper about 3eur. The same story is for lots others uC smd is much cheaper.

All said and done ! alternate to ATMEL and AVR is to be figured out as the scenario proclaims.

Why you don't use Xmega parts? They are much more powerful and not that expensive

Yes but its wasting of xmega uC on simple things which can be done easier and much cheaper with other parts. XMega have much higher prices then ATMega serie you must admit.

Parts should be choosed by needs, design, price and availability, maybe better choice is PIC for something, or just 89C2051. We cant choose XMega by default ;-)

ATMega8 SDIP28 fall down by about 1eur in my country, now its about 3eur price, TQFP32 about 2eur.

By any chance can any one suggest a place to buy microcontrollers in PUNE (Maharashtra, India) !

Status
Not open for further replies.