Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what happened to ATMEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

microcon555

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First i dont know whether this topic suits here or not??

Suddenly atmel's avr's were out of stock and the price is rocketing..

what is going on??

Can somebody explain??

Advise whether micro consumers like me have to wait or switch to other micro's

MicroCon555

dude... atmel is still in race... where did u try??????

Iam from India

i use atmega8 and its prices are tripled.

dudes, not only micro controller most of the IC's cost are increased in india.

regards
kj

To avoid a over supply of invintory during the recession, many makers of ICs cut back on supply. Now many ICs are out of stock for up to 26 weeks. I recently paid 11 times the normal for 3 DSPs.

ok, my boss told staff, 2010 is a golden year of ic industry , we are so busy.

ATMEL has very bad lead times and stocking s a problem alongwith the issue of larger fakes for ATMEL parts.

Try Microchip.

grittinjames said:
I am from Bangalore, I may be able to help you in ATMEGA8
ATMega 8 cost about 188/- Rupees +/- 10 Rupees In S.P.Road. Bangalore. Anywhere cheaper than that?

ATMega 8 cost about 188/- Rupees +/- 10 Rupees In S.P.Road. Bangalore. Anywhere cheaper than that?

How much qty required what is full part no

Regard's
P.Ashok kumar

i purchased atmega8 from bhagirath palace around 75 rs four months back i have few (three) ,why this is happening can anyone explain ??????

The ones available at 75/- may be from a old stock. The fresh stock what are available is available for 148/- least possible i found in Mumbai. But if "Santhoshaxl" is refering to Neel Marketing, in Bhagirath place, i'll have a quote from there too. Thanks for the info.

Added after 7 minutes:

ashokok said:
How much qty required what is full part no, Regard's
P.Ashok kumar
Thanks "Ashok" for the kind gesture. My customers are backing off due to the hicked price and prefring PIC as an alternative which works out to be cheaper than AVR's. I 'll require 50Nos of Atmega8L 8PU. Kindly quote your price through PM, and continue our conversations on PM. Also i'll be requiring some quantities of AT mega8.Please Let me know wether ATmega8 In any suffix is available with its price.
Thanks..

ATMega 8 is about 70rs in SP road Bangalore.
You can try in OM electronics
Please cross check again. I dialled them today, and he was laughing when i asked him for 70/-. Its actually 180/-Rupees. If it is available from any source, at 70/- +/- 20 Rupees i'll love to buy 250 Nos immediately. I am even willing for 120/- as final and maximum bid. Coz i have alreday got a quote from a disrtibutor for 120/- but the stock will arrive only about mid november which we cant wait. This offer is open for any one who can supply the said component, ATmega 8L-8PU DIP package.

Hi Pranam,
You are right... Real shocking news....
I am not familier with PIC, I think now its time to think about it.
Any Idea about TINY series from atmel?

Yeah..its the same since 5 months +..All the AVR prices have increased. But as far as i have experienced PIC micros, they doesnt work well with AC/ Mains related circuits like where we use capacitance based DC supply or an AC zero crossing is sensed by a 2.2M resistor and connected to an input pin. But AVR's work fine without any problems. I have a lot designs with AVR's where PIC has failed. PIC is ultimate where the complete design is with DC or using isolation.

Now Atmega 8L is available in local market Rs.110/- +-10
I am in Kolkata what about other places in india?
Three month back I have perchesed from kits&spares farnell india distributer
atmega8U2 at 138+Tax and delivery after a month. now they have also increasing avr prices
Is there any good news or again prices will increase again for all AVR.

a guy from kathmandu telling me that he can give me atmega8L for just 82rs indian currency excluding taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.