Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed synchronization of remote systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

salunkepratik

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
to synchronize and interleave two ADC outputs (under the constraints listed below) to achieve a combined sampling frequency of 160MHz. You will then design a band-pass filter circuit (with a narrow passband) to process your interleaved signal. The processed signal will be sent through the DAC and displayed on the oscilloscope/spectrum analyzer.
Clocking constraints:
1. Single FPGA clock input signal comes from one of the programmable clock inputs (SYSCLK or DSPCLK)
2. A separate DCM/control block is used to control each of the ADCs (see figure below)
3. A third DCM will be used to control the register and circuitry required to combine the ADC data on-chip
Band-pass filter constraints:
1. Clocking frequency of 160MHz
2. Passband center frequency of 67 MHz
3. 3dB down bandwidth of 4 MHz
4. Stop bandwidth of 6 MHz
5. Largest possible center freq range

Nice cut and paste there! And all of 1 posts on the board too! <ignore/>

ya ... actually really need help on this one ..
please help guys ..

we have been told to use ADC's , DCM's and DAC's in project ..
i dont know how to go about the implementation of these ...

Added after 1 hours 35 minutes:

till nw i have written a code in vhdl to check how much frequency i get across the adc ... like me using 160Mhz n getting 80Mhz at the output .. so thats fine .. further i started with the band pass filter design n i hope so that i can get that too ..
the problem is using DCM .. i tried to work out how dcm is supposed to be used and how to go about it but me designing bandpass filter in simulink n DCM is an xilinx blockset so how do i get the dcm to get in link with bandpass code generated

So if I understand correctly the problem is to get the DCM block and your designed filter to play nicely with each other? Since you are designing your filter in simulink, you can use the xilinx tool "sysgen" (included with ISE install) to import the simulink file and compile a FIR filter block you can include in your design. Also see https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/sysgen_gs.pdf.

Hope that helps! :)

is there any other way in which i can synchronize the 2 adc's without the use of DCM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back