Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want UART to UART baud rate converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcielo

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
baud rate converter

baud rate converter using MCU with 2ea UART.

baud rate convertor

Just design it then. Time to send a byte might be faster but time for the complete message stays the same.
You need to buffer the incomming data from the highest baudrate.

What experience with uC's do you have? What microcontrollers are you using, what languages do you know?
Post your questions, code, ... here and you'll get there.
When you're lucky, someone here already designed something similar and is willing to post his design (or send it to you)

Antharax

Make 2 ring buffers :
first for port1 Tx and port2 Rx
second for port2 Tx and prot1 Rx

and work with interrupts

I don't think you even need a ring buffer for the low speed to high speed conversion.
And yes, using interrupts is a good idea, although you could probably do this polling too.

Antharax

I am sorry, what is exactly the function fo this devie you want to build.
thanks,

Buffer will be needed if duplex connection is used - data flow is to be in both directions . At least one buffer will be needed for sure when receiving data from high speed Rx and putting into low speed Tx side.

artem said:
Buffer will be needed if duplex connection is used - data flow is to be in both directions . At least one buffer will be needed for sure when receiving data from high speed Rx and putting into low speed Tx side.

And maybe, hardware or software "Handshaking" for high to low speed data transfer...

Status
Not open for further replies.