Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Wanna know how to design a PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zia.newversion

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a student and although I have had some good time with electronics but all I know about circuits is bread-board related. Never actually worked on a PCB before...

I have some idea though... It is a copper plate on which you print your circuit and then dip in a solution which takes off the copper from all over the sheet except the circuit lines...

What I need to know is, how do we get to the pint where we can start designing a PCB and then get it imprinted on a copper sheet?

Are there any software for that? If so, can anyone please direct me to the beginner's tutorial for one of the best software of them?

I shall be really glad if anyone could help. Because I want to submit my end-semester project on a PCB... Thanking in anticipation.

hello zia.newversion its good that u wanna learn .To create the pcb art work u need to have an application eg eagle(best according to me) the appl is available here

**broken link removed**

and to learn copper etching visit youtube u can find lots of videos.....

I was studying PCB design in a college.
It is not as simple as u think.
You need to study not only the software, such as Mentor Graphics' Design Capture and PCB Expedited, or Orcad.
Then you also need to learn about some rules when you design, for example how to get a clean signal (where to put the capacitors, when to put the ground plate).
If you really are into this, then you should go to college and take a program, not just a course.
The life of PCB designer is not exciting. It is repeating everyday. But as a hobby, you can get some fun out of it.
The hard part is to find someone who will do the PCB manufacturing for a small quantity.

you can use protel for pcb designing
its more power full tool for PCB Designe
and its available to free download

I suggest you to use proteus it is a compleate tool that let you design simultate and greate pcb for you circuit. Also it is easy to use, has a rich library with many exemples.

yep u can use proteus also for this purpose ,if your reqiurement is only PCB designing then i suggest you to use Protel that is dedicated one for PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.