Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to determine the exact dimensions and spacing for probe-pad design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdatta

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am using the 45nm IBM-SOI toolkit of MOSIS to do my custom design. I wont be packaging my die and hence will be just using metal-pads. I will be appreciate it if any of the experienced designers over here can provide some insight on how to go about pad-design. I can understand these will be essentially metal-blobs but any pointers on how to determine the exact dimensions & spacing (based on landing area of probe?) and whether buffering circuits will be required will be really helpful.

Thanks
Basab

Re: Probe-pad design

Actually both. I think i can figure out how much capacitive load those pads need to drive & have buffers accordingly. But what i am more concerned about is the actual pad. Is is supposed to be like a giant metal block with contacts? with/without glass layer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back