Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for software for antenna analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
Would you pls help me to find a software to analyse antenna
(the ideal chose for me is the free one :sm1:

xfdtd

ali said:
Dear All,
Would you pls help me to find a software to analyse antenna
(the ideal chose for me is the free one :sm1:

Dear ali,
please specify the type of antenna you are going to analyse. if it is a wire antenna, the best simulators are NEC related ones, many of them available freely. otherwise, you should use other simulation methods, and software packages. if you precisely describe youre antenna, i can further guide you

urs, mamadreza.

mmana rfid

Dear mamali,
I want to to analyse Wire mono pole antenna
with finite ground palne(not infinite),
and another thing that i want to analyse:
I'm trying to design and efficience(high ampedance) but short length antenna
(my ideal antenna is one with 50 or 75 ohms impedance and the length of 0.01 to 0.02 lambda )
Best.

feko nec4

ali said:
Dear mamali,
I want to to analyse Wire mono pole antenna
with finite ground palne(not infinite),
and another thing that i want to analyse:
I'm trying to design and efficience(high ampedance) but short length antenna
(my ideal antenna is one with 50 or 75 ohms impedance and the length of 0.01 to 0.02 lambda )
Best.

Dear ali, and others,

the best code to analyse wire monopoles is N E C codes, freely available (ok, N E C 4 is not!), other softwares are F EKO, I E3D, H FS S and C S T, but i think some N EC code is suffice for you. I have A W AS too, even if it is alittle headack, but it may help you :).
and for the other question, I sed you, read Best papers. he is working on new efficient small antennas (wire), K>F> Lee is working on small MPAs.
if anyone interested in small antennas, I can post some literature here.

urs, murti

+ali, kaai az dastam barmiyaad begou, man felan esfaanam, khaassi tamaas begir daadaa ;) :)0. (sorry for speaking in other langs!)

Antenna Software

ads hfss ads feko mwo , and so on !!!!!

Antenna Software

mmana software is very useful in your case and it's free .
link to https://www.qsl.net/dl2kq/soft.htm from flatulent is on russian , another link to mmana soft and usergroup is
**broken link removed**

Re: Antenna Software

Dear all, which one is better in the following software
for analysis of microstrip antenna?

HFSS

XFDTD

ADS

I can use XFDTD 5.3 but I have to share hardkey with others. Now I want to use HFSS, is it a good choice?

Thanks for your reply.

yearn said:
Dear all, which one is better in the following software
for analysis of microstrip antenna?

HFSS

XFDTD

@DS

I can use XFDTD 5.3 but I have to share hardkey with others. Now I want to use HFSS, is it a good choice?

Thanks for your reply.

Noone!, You must examine it with I E3 D, anyway, if you cant, HFSS is still good. XFDTD I think is not so suitable. and I dont know @DS.

urs, murti

For a very complex structure I can say HFSS and CST are the best... anyway for simple planar structures (monolayer or stacked patch antennas) u can use Ensemble.

Hope it helps
Lupin

hi,
if you're interested in simulating wire antenna but also dish, helix, patch, etc you could try 4NEC2.
It is a version of NEC which also includes many useful tool to build structures for patch, dish ...as i wrote before.

regards

Mamali

You said you could guide on some literature on small antennas.
I am also very interested in VERY short antennas for below 100 MHz. Currently I have a project for a 40MHz antenna with 4 cm length. (CEPT SRD band in Europe)

I think the main issue is to get better insight, not to simulate till u drop.
NEC based programs are widely available and of course they are very useful...

If u could give some tips on interesting literature for extremely short antennas that would be great. There are some things in Rothammel's Antennenbuch, Kraus of course and "kurze antennen" from G.Janzen which I already picked up.

rgds

Mike

**broken link removed**

Hi all,

What is recommended for square/rectangular loop antennas (Copper tubing) ?

Working at 13.56MHz

What software is recommended ? Will HFSS do the job ?

Catalyst said:
Hi all,

What is recommended for square/rectangular loop antennas (Copper tubing) ?

Working at 13.56MHz

What software is recommended ? Will HFSS do the job ?

13.56MHz, are you doing RFID type A/B related job?? :)

Recently I heard some friends of mine are comparing the measurement results and EM simulated results of on-chip spirals. Most of them give higher value to ADS momentum than HFSS within the freq. range from 1GHz to 3GHz. I'm new to EM simulator so here I just relay this information to you guys.

hi all,ie3d,hfss,cst and xfdtd all suitable for wiring antenna but preferal is ie3d that have some exaples on it and simple to design

So in my case.......HFSS would be suitable for a 13.56MHz loop antenna?

There is a article of RFID Antenna Circuit Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back