Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use the latop's battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanvatha

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. Using the laptop with plugged in the ac adapter 24/7 is good or not?
2. Using without connect the AC adapter untill the battery low is good or not?
3. Between two ways above which one is the best way to extand the life of the li-ion battery of my latop?

once fully charged what is the max usage time
in battery alone for your laptop model ?

srizbf
21stmay2010

then my advice is use in ac adapter if 'power' is available.
if you use '24x7' form ,
use in battery just for 10 to 15 minutes perday.
rest in ac .

srizbf
21stmay2010

Always use AC adapter at home. Use your battery sparingly, say once in a week to preserve it. Charge your battery if and only if the charge level is low (10% or lower).

For better life time your battery use it every time if possible w. adapter!
But do time to time, but minimum 1x pro month decharge it_work with battery up to lower power limit(typically at 10%), than charge it as usual...
If you will never make these time to time decharging (forming) your battery will losst hes capacity in only 1.5-2 years_otherwise probably in 4-5! :)...
K.

karesz said:
For better life time your battery use it every time if possible w. adapter!
But do time to time, but minimum 1x pro month decharge it_work with battery up to lower power limit(typically at 10%), than charge it as usual...
If you will never make these time to time decharging (forming) your battery will losst hes capacity in only 1.5-2 years_otherwise probably in 4-5! :)...
K.

I did this with my old laptop and my battery lasted only for about 8mos!

Hi,
I belive it for you, but my is i.e. yet 2 years old, I do it more or less in all 4-6 weeks descharge & has good 90% capacity,
my wyfe dont do it_ hers battery has at 30% capacity, but they are different laptops too...
Im working with them ca in all 350 days a year & pro day minimum ~14 hours. :-(
I think some miss situations are the irregularities for make stronger the regular systems!? :)

So far as I know, the most vendors do recommend my or some similar methodes...

In all cases is surly recommendable to ask/read the type specific recommandations.
K.

Use AC adapter at home.
Use your battery sparingly, say once in a week to preserve it.
Unpluged after battery charging full.

I always put the battery into my laptop, even though I use AC adapter at home. So will it do harm to my laptop?

I always put the battery into my laptop, even though I use AC adapter at home. So will it do harm to my laptop?

no not at all, the only way ur BAT will damage when it is completely exhausted (lower then 5%) and not charged for a time.

no not at all, the only way ur BAT will damage when it is completely exhausted (lower then 5%) and not charged for a time.

Ahh~I see~So the batteries of other devices such as cell phone and camera should also be used in the same way (not complete exhausted)?

Ahh~I see~So the batteries of other devices such as cell phone and camera should also be used in the same way (not complete exhausted)?

yep! it is a good practice to fully charge your batteries of any kind for storage and then charge again in two to three month for a very good performance and long life. "Never ever let your batteries to be fully discharge. or sore it with low charge."

yep! it is a good practice to fully charge your batteries of any kind for storage and then charge again in two to three month for a very good performance and long life. "Never ever let your batteries to be fully discharge. or sore it with low charge."

OK, thanks, I will change my ways of using battery from now on. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.