Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which older NAD stereo amplifiers use MosFets, which use Bip

Status
Not open for further replies.

audionaut99

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me (with ABSOLUTE certainty) which of the older generation NAD amplifiers (2200, 3xxx, N2xx, N3xx, etc.) used Bipolar output transistors and which one's used Mosfet devices? I already know that the NAD 2400 & 2600 'power envelope' used fast & tight sounding Bipolar devices but I can't find one in Europe that runs on 220v-50Hz. I see many of the other NADs for sale locally but I fear they might be of their MosFet design which not ideal for the bass amp in bi-amping.

Also, I am eventually seeking an older generation (110v powered) NAD Integrated amp (or similar durable brand) which uses mosfets and not bipolars to modify and give to a friend in America - can anyone please tell me which of the older lower-power (40-75wpc) NAD Integrated amps (or similar sweet-sounding durable Fet integrated amps) that are likely to be found cheaply but used only m-Fets in their output stage?

I'm only seeking advice and model numbers to research at this time. please reply to sam_and_marty1(at) yahoo Thanks!

Re: Which older NAD stereo amplifiers use MosFets, which use

The NAD 7020 uses 2N3055s so definitely bipolar !

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back