Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating CMRR of an opamp.........?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malli_1729

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

i am in the process of learning about opamps...in that i want simulate and see CMRR so, that i will get some interpretation of this parameter..theoritically i know what it is..i need to see practically...

i took TINA from TI as a simulator. i took OPA130 as the opamp for which min CMRR = 90dB.
so, i want to see this practically by simulating....
thing is i don't know how to proceed to this...i mean to how to simulate it...

anybodies help will be very grateful to me....

you know what is cmrr then just find the common mode gain and differential gain by applying some input signal.....

CMRR=it is the ratio of above two gains.

Hi!

thank you..very nice of you ...it really helped.

i have used TINA from TI and OPA130 opamp. which has 90dB min CMRR from datasheet.

i just connected 2 sources to 2 inputs checked gain for common and differential mode configurations and calculated CMRR it is coming around 110dB.....

i am just attaching the circuit for others reference......
thank you very much again.... i will come back if any issues comes.....
......................................................................................................................
for ex if CMRR = 90dB as in this case 10^ 4.5 = 31623(approx) what it means is opamp can differentiate 10uV when around 10uV * 31623 = 3.623V common signal is added to the inputs ...
i think it is correct...is it OK...

Status
Not open for further replies.