Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enfora GSM0308 Modem problem with server socket connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

teixeirafms

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on a project where I need to exchange data between a PIC and a Server.

For the server I am using C# and the class "TcpListener". So the server listens for any incoming socket requests on a specific port.

The Enfora modem, after configuration establishes a connection to the IP and port of the server.

I get the connection and can transfer data on both sides.

The problem is that after a while, the data that I send from the modem to the server arrives, but the data that i send form the server to the modem does not arrive.

Does anyone experienced the same problem?

I am also sending a keep alive byte from the PIC to the server every 30 seconds. To keep the connection on.

I also would like to make a firmware upgrade to my modems, but I can't find the software in the enfora website... Does anyone can send me the link?

Cheers,
Teixeira

Hello

The enfora send and receives data correctly

I think you shoud wait a little until the data arrives or make sure that the server program is correct

to make sure whether your progaram works correctly, try to probe the network using wireshark. read the messages and figure our why there exist a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.