Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PhD offer is better? Plse help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneshzac

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have received two PhD offers: Italian institute of technology, Italy(www.iit.it) and IMEC, Belgium(K.U Leuven University)(www.imec.be) both in nano-electronics.

Is there anybody who can give me some advices? Which univeristy is better, which research work is better and which country is better?

Thanks!

IMEC has quite a reputation in the electronics field. They are often in the press with research they have been working on. I have never heard of the Italian Institute of Technology.

Keith

Yes, I think IMEC is better. But i suggest you think about which country do you like.

goodscool said:
Yes, I think IMEC is better. But i suggest you think about which country do you like.

It is tricky to decide which country you like if you have never visited them. I have visited both for pleasure and worked with Belgian companies (including IMEC) and could happily live in either, but I think Belgium would be easier because English is so widely spoken. In Italy I think learning Italian would be important. Italy has the more interesting countryside, the Belgians have better beer (and food, for me).

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
goodscool said:

It is tricky to decide which country you like if you have never visited them. I have visited both for pleasure and worked with Belgian companies (including IMEC) and could happily live in either, but I think Belgium would be easier because English is so widely spoken. In Italy I think learning Italian would be important. Italy has the more interesting countryside, the Belgians have better beer (and food, for me).

Keith.

oh no italian food is the better in the world man!

However, i'm italian and i can easily say that i've heard many times about IMEC, but never about IIT. I don't want to say that IMEC is better...maybe it is only better promoted :) however, belgium is so wet and it rains all the year. IMEC insistute is good, one or two PhD colleagues from Pisa University are now there for working. They have production lines and so on (about microelectronics, however). I don't know the relevance of nanoelectronics research. You should check the professor names and their publications. Maybe it could help!

Braski said:
oh no italian food is the better in the world man!

I am biased because I don't like pasta! Non-pasta Italian food is good though. Belgium, or at least Brussels, used to have some of the best food around because it is full of people eating out on expense accounts from the various government funded organisations based there. I am not sure how that has changed now though.

Keith.

KULeuven has a high worldwide ranking. I guess it's number 50. IMEC is Europe's largest independent research center in Micro and Nano Technologies. So just go to Belgium and enjoy lots of chocolates and waffles :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back