Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why this code does not showing value on LCD~

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi kiity_cute, please be brief in your question, try to mention what series of controller, avr, 8051 or pic etc. and coding language.

regards
kj

Hi,

Have had chance to look at the code you posted ( your direct messages had gone into the spam folder)

The extra files you have included should run that code in full, the whole project is created using MPlab Linker / Relocatable code and all those files are needed to compile the program.

I have done this but it fails on just one error - but as I do not use relolcatable code do not know how to quickly overcome the problem.

Sure others can help out here..

Code:
MPLINK 4.35, Linker
Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - could not find definition of symbol 'DisplayDigit1' in file './fyp.o'.
Errors    : 1

wp100 said:
Hi,

Have had chance to look at the code you posted ( your direct messages had gone into the spam folder)

The extra files you have included should run that code in full, the whole project is created using MPlab Linker / Relocatable code and all those files are needed to compile the program.

I have done this but it fails on just one error - but as I do not use relolcatable code do not know how to quickly overcome the problem.

Sure others can help out here..

Code:
MPLINK 4.35, Linker
Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - could not find definition of symbol 'DisplayDigit1' in file './fyp.o'.
Errors    : 1

the DisplayDigit1 is a function in LCD program. when i run it does not have error??
Just don understand that why does it not showing value out to LCD. =X

Added after 3 minutes:

welove8051 said:
hi kiity_cute, please be brief in your question, try to mention what series of controller, avr, 8051 or pic etc. and coding language.

regards
kj

pic16f917 chip i am using. with showing LCD display value of my input sensor. coding language is assembly i had attach the whole mplab program folder.

WIshing can found out the problem of why does not showing value out.

please help help.. what is the problem of this code. why does not showing lcd value

Try to change the project path to a much simple one. (i.e. copy your project directory to c:\ or D:\ . So the path names of the files will reduce. and this will enable the compiler to get all the files for compilation. sometimes compilers dont include all the files for compilation if the path to that file is long)

caesarsrilanka said:
Try to change the project path to a much simple one. (i.e. copy your project directory to c:\ or D:\ . So the path names of the files will reduce. and this will enable the compiler to get all the files for compilation. sometimes compilers dont include all the files for compilation if the path to that file is long)

I did put in c:\ and put shorter name but still the same. after laoding to board the display nothing there

welll at first.. it compiled very welll... what's the exact problem? (already connected and didn't work?)

Kurenai_ryu said:
welll at first.. it compiled very welll... what's the exact problem? (already connected and didn't work?)

the lcd no value coming out. i also dono how to solve. =X can help??

is there any problem with my code??
please help

Status
Not open for further replies.