Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to repair IMU LN-200 of LITTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOHOH

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have it. Unfortunately there is some trouble.

I want to repair it

So I try to find the company except Northrop Grumman.

IMU Info.
Manufacture : LITTON GUIDANCE & CONTROL SYSTEMS
Part No. LN-200
Product Name : Inertial Measurement Unit
(Fiber Optic Gyroscope)

Please let me know

Thanks in advanced

This IMU contains fiberoptic signals that require very expensive equipment to splice/rework.
The failure is most probably the light source. These are specially made for Northrop Grumman (formerly Litton).

Only Northrop Grumman is capable of repairing the unit - My guess is they will charge $20,000 (about 2/3 of the price of a new unit)

It is probably now an expensive paperweight!

I would consider giving you a couple of hundred for it. (I used to work for them, now retired. Would look good on my bookshelf!)

Reactions: ugly12

ugly12

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Chris Goodguy said:
This IMU contains fiberoptic signals that require very expensive equipment to splice/rework.
The failure is most probably the light source. These are specially made for Northrop Grumman (formerly Litton).

Only Northrop Grumman is capable of repairing the unit - My guess is they will charge $20,000 (about 2/3 of the price of a new unit)

It is probably now an expensive paperweight!

I would consider giving you a couple of hundred for it. (I used to work for them, now retired. Would look good on my bookshelf!)

Please let me know your e-mail address by PM.

I try to find engineer about repairing for IMU LN-200.

If you find job in Korea, please send your resume.

Application Deadline : Open until filled

Research Engineer

mwave@bluenier.com
Republic of Korea

Employer's Web Site : **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back