Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who is your idole in Analog Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
srivatsan said:
Presently I feel that reading the Analog and Digital topics together (like inverter, but seen as single stage amplifier) makes it very interesting. Razavi , Allen, Gray et al, are good authors. but i am yet to come across a book which combines both analog and digital. if i am wrong, please let me know the books name.

CMOS circuit design, layout and simulation by Jacob Baker is a good one for both digital and analog.

srivatsan said:
Presently I feel that reading the Analog and Digital topics together (like inverter, but seen as single stage amplifier) makes it very interesting. Razavi , Allen, Gray et al, are good authors. but i am yet to come across a book which combines both analog and digital. if i am wrong, please let me know the books name.

CMOS circuit design, layout and simulation by Jacob Baker is a good one for both digital and analog.

P.R.Gray and Paul Allen

Sedra and Smith(digital portion is very short) is also good and ken martins analog IC is also fairly simple to start !

Yea its a perception that analog is like "BLACK MAGIC"

Digital is far easy!(atleast to understand)

Digital = only 2 points 0 @ 1

Analog = to many points to measure :cry:

That's why analog designers are hard to find :D

Anusya Bhat
Director Audio Group
National Semiconductor

guamak_menanak I get parts from TI or Fairchild. They all are manifactured in Malaysia.

Well they make the designs in US but how they protect their intellectual investment overseas factories. Are the manufacturing plants of TI or Fairchild kinda "secret" from prying eyes?

I just want to have a picture in my head of their manufacturing factories.

I think because the cost of manufacturing is cheaper here!
But actually, now many manufacturers are looking at China because China provide cheaper salary and have many workers!

Malaysia is now trying to gain more on design and R&D...
One of the reason why some of the ICs are not design here is we are still gaining our skills and need more people on that filed...

Maybe in the future we will have our Malaysia'n IC, design, fabricated and manufactured by Malaysian!
Hope it will come true... :D

Philip Allen,

He is sooo good.

Rolf Schaumann. He specializes in analog filter design, and with a full knowledge about analog IC design, 'cause that's the basis for analog integrated filter design. He is emeritus at Portland State.

Gabor Themes. He use to be the pioneer in A/D and SwitchCap filters in Oregon State.

Sergio Franco. Have not met him. But from his writing, he is knowledgeable, practical, and humble. The previous two people are also incredibly humble.

Stewart Taylor. He hardly publishes anything. But I attended his RF/Analog class, and he is great. He has a knack of putting complex things in a simple way, without much explanations. He is somewhat stern, so I am not quite at home with him.

I teach analog IC design and is just about to get my PhD on analog RF CMOS filters. I was always seretly annoyed when hearing others saying that "Analog design is an art", whether it is by outsiders out of awe or by insiders out of pride/joy. That scares away people!! I won't say that it is nothing, but all you need is an intuition (gift, if you will) and time. The former is essential. Interest does not count.

What is "intuition"? Well, grab a simple transistor circuit, look at it. If you have a good feeling, then you are on it. Feeling scared is OK. Feeling like to turn away is a bad sign.

Behzad Razavi and E.allen :D

Woolzey in standford. He is Razavi's teacher.

hi
my
idole
is
mr mohamad
sadegh
sadri
thankyou :!:

rauol said:
8) Is analog design still considered as "black magic"
i have seen many engineers scared when you say "Analog" they felt more comfortable working with "1" and "0"

I think over the 50 years there have been many experts in analog design.
because "Analog" is a very wide term it is difficult to say who is the best.

In power supply design i think it is "Slobodan Cuk"

" Balu Balakrishnan" CEO of power integrations has many innovative patents in High voltage CMOS analog designs.

The list will become endless as there may be Thousands of engineers from the lot of Millions of Engineers all over the world.

YES! Of course Cuk is the best power supply designer. He has many patents in this area, which are suprisingly not so well-known as others dc-dc converters for instance. (Due to the patatent?)

Philippe Perney from TI Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back