Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accelerometer and Gyroscope Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Finished my accelerometer and gyro integration, used single axis MMA2260 and ADXL300, both x-axis.

For references,you can check, **broken link removed** may mga tanung rin ako dun.

Here is the chart of the output, RED is Accelerometer data alone, output btw is in degrees na, BLUE is for the gyro and accelerometer estimates, the spikes that are in RED, happens when I try to put a slight shock in the module while rotating.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Cor I am jealous, I'd love to have got that far! Can I just ask what your motors are...?
I've a similar idea but using photocopier stepper motors... Do you think balance is feasable, they do tend to "step"... I intend to buy an accellerometer module from my favorite supplier, that gives 3 voltages for xyz, is yours similar or is there integrated control in the gyro board...?

I would like to ask your advice as I am unsure of the steppers being ideal so I'd value your opinion on that.. They're ServoCoLtd 1.5A 3v (Ricoh 3800c Drive motors) plummed into a 16f887 MCD2 demoboard2, using a PWM conttrol board out of the ricoh hacked so I can change the power level through a voltage change on a pin (binary or analogue... Am I simply changing direction at the change in voltage on one of the XYZ pins or is there more to "balancing" can I ask?

Great video :)
NEAL

I am using DC geared motor, 12V 350RM max speed. use the two axis of your accelerometer to have a better angle from the accelerometer, integrate the gyro so at least you'll have a stable reading, use kalman filter for integration.

I havn't seen one using stepper motor, the advantage of stepper compared with the ordinary geared motor is the backlash.

Thanks, I also just had borrowed said idea. :smile:

the advantage of stepper compared with the ordinary geared motor is the backlash

Good point! I'd not thought of that.... Mine weighs less than a kilo, and the motors are strong enough to turn its body round 360 degrees..

I was considering using an optical mouse (because zero friction) as a feedback alternative to using shaft-encoders (mount the mice on the wheels!), but maybee if I turn up the current enough (I've a nice PWM power controller off a Ricoh photocopier being controlled by (at the moment) a 16f877a), I hope to be able to trust the steppers to be in turning to the position I ask without feedback.

Can I ask, does integrating the signal from the accellerometers give me (my PIC!) the "Final angular Position" of the bot?... I expected a bit of smoothing (caps on the xyz outputs A2d Inputs) but I did think I'd be looking at the "xyz delta", the change in accelleration, to balance by moving the wheel in the direction of the "fall".
Once I have balance I still want to be able to move it around too like your's, I think its superb well done!!!!
Kindest regards
NEAL

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

plus the "Labels" are cool I agree!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.