Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic module not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

himrwt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am trying to use ultrasonic transducer module for distance measurement. i am using a three pin module. for triggering ultrasonic module i pull data pin to high for 1ms then push it to low. then i measure the time for which module pulls its data pin high. but its not responding. it does not pull its data pin high after triggering.
is the module defective?
what ca be the probable reason for it not responding?

Do you have the module name/number/ID or the datasheet?

its all in chinese. but i found a similar looking transducer module datasheet in internet. its called PING)))™ Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (#28015)
i assume they both work same way

Added after 12 minutes:

although i am not sure my that ultrasonic module is same as this one, i am using it according to this datasheet

the module i am using have "GH-311RT" imprinted on it. but i cud not find any data sheet.

According to a vendor's information, the module has only a digital output signalling obstacles, claiming:
This module can not be used for distance measuremnt
I think this is pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.