Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitive Touch Slider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kova

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I want to build my first capacitive touch pic-project :) (I use the CCS C compiler, latest version).
I read a lot of pdfs downloaded from Microchip (in particular AN1250), I want to handle the capacitive touch slider.
At the page 13 of AN1250 microchip sheet, there are 4 equations.
In CCS there are the "touch functions", but I want to know how I can obtain in CCS the values "Captured Left Base Capacitance" and "Captured Right Base Capacitance" that appears in the Microchip sheet.
And....Do the "Current left and right values" are 0 for the first iteration and "left and right position values" for the 2 to n iteration?

Some advice for the circuit/printed scheme?

Sorry for my english :)
Bye

slider is basically array of touch buttons and you watch which one is pressed or you can even use only two buttons that look like two triangles that form square and then see relative % on one or another pressed as you move your finger over slider.
But for this you will need very precise capacitance touch readout.
Luckily for you there is such technology and i just used it and i am thrilled with it :)

you can read about it more in this topic

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/245851/#post1051938

Status
Not open for further replies.