Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why my soft of programming does not recognize AT Tiny2313?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROGER33

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sorry I am french and my english not so good

I install Atmel ISP programmer (old, 2001)

I program very good with this device AT 90S2313 with my hand made parallel programmer (Simple with 74HC244) and Xtal inside.

But he do not regognise AT Tiny 2313... (not in the list)

Do you have info for more recent software with the signature recognise this device?
I try and see this one:

but this is same! no AT Tiny 2313! :cry:
same answer.

Thank you for help me if possible

Merci beaucoup!

Re: Why my soft of programming does not recognize AT Tiny231

OK I try for It

Have you tested Hex for 90S2313 OK on AT TIny 2313?

Because I am newbie in microcontroler I see AT 90S2313 has 2 fuses only.

AT Tiny...Seven! And I do not how know how to configure them

Thank you very much!
Roger

Sorry, I´ve been using Codevision C compiler. It has a buil-in programmer and is compatible with you ISP HW. Only in special cases I use Ponyprog.

ROGER33 said:
OK I try for It

Have you tested Hex for 90S2313 OK on AT TIny 2313?

Because I am newbie in microcontroler I see AT 90S2313 has 2 fuses only.

AT Tiny...Seven! And I do not how know how to configure them

Thank you very much!
Roger

You cannot port 90S2313 hex to tiny 2313. You have to make some changes in the code and recompile it.

You have to make some changes in the code and recompile it.

I suppose this is true:cry: I have ONLY HEX no sorces (due my source code is on my old HDD and he crash in a bad morning day 2 year ago!)

I am despite for this situation...And At Tiny2313 ...Is changed now! it is in "obsolescence" the new model is...AT Tiny2313A and many function change also...AGAIN.:cry:

This is incredible!

In am not expert in prog micro controler. this is my idea functions but I send this at one "programmer analist" . May be he do not live in France at present time..

I suppose Ineed to re start new project or buy old 90S2313...

Crazy company to stop compatibility device every year!

In the future I burn 2CD for save my sources!

Bad news

Thank a lot for yous assistance
Roger

The AT90S2313 can still be found in some retailers. Do a search at https://www.findchips.com Otherwise, if you want to migrate to the new ones the attached pdf may be o some relevance.

why don't you post the hex file? Maybe someone can tell you if it will work or not. If it is not too big, it shouldn't be a problem to change it to work with attiny2313.

Most code is compatible with attiny2313 if it worked on the 90S2313. There are a few differences, but they are minor.

You should also mention how the 90S2313 was clocked, whether it was an oscillator or a crystal. A schematic would be great.

How you program the attiny2313 will also have a great effect on whether or not your code works.

You can use avrdude with your existing programmer, it should work on the attiny2313.

the command line should be:
(change the name of the hex file of course)
Code:
avrdude -p t2313 -c stk200 -P lpt1 -C avrdude.conf -e -U flash:w:file.hex -U lfuse:w:0xfd:m -U hfuse:w:0xdf:m
pause
That command line will program the fuses so the avr uses an external crystal (freq 3 - 8 MHz). If you need help there, just post here.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back