Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about high order biquadical switched cap filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxb416

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As we know,high order active sc filter need more than one 2 order biquadical switched cap filter to realize it.
The question is each 2 order filter is effect or not ?
I simulate the single 2 order filter, the Q and f0 is OK,
but if i add them together , the wareform is wrong.
why it is ?

sxb416 said:
As we know,high order active sc filter need more than one 2 order biquadical switched cap filter to realize it.
The question is each 2 order filter is effect or not ?
I simulate the single 2 order filter, the Q and f0 is OK,
but if i add them together , the wareform is wrong.
why it is ?

To answer your question you must supply with some more details:
* Amplifier: Opamp or OTA?
* Just for clarification: Two 2nd order Butterworth stages, for example, in series lead NOT to Butterworth 4th order.

To answer your question you must supply with some more details:
* Amplifier: Opamp or OTA?
It is a full differential OTA.

* Just for clarification: Two 2nd order Butterworth stages, for example, in series lead NOT to Butterworth 4th order.

Thank you,you mean three 2nd order ellipic can realize a 3nd order bandpass filter(for example)? right?

sxb416 said:
Thank you,you mean three 2nd order ellipic can realize a 3nd order bandpass filter(for example)? right?

* What do you need? Lowpass or bandpass? Which transfer function response?
* Three 2nd order stages (lowpass or bandpass) result in a transfer function of 6th order! The order is determined by the maximum order of the denominator polynom.
(But I know that - unfortunately - some people and some design programs call a minimum order bandpass with a quadratic polynom "first" order.)

Status
Not open for further replies.