Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you think about ALEDEC'S ACTIVE HDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I started using this tool again.. Last time i dealt with aldec,it used to be XILINX foundation 1.5 .. Even from those early days i liked their functionality .
With this latest version i see that they are trying to find their real role in the industry .. I'm very interested in their co-simulation and debugging capabilities of their enviroment .. specially with MATLAB and C code
I also see the benefits of just running multiple synthesis tools from just a single tool ..

i have used version 5.1 it is along the side of modelsim and speed is also up there with modelsim...i think...its GUI is very good and very easy to get accustomed for begiinners unlike modelsim...

Last week i received my VIRTEX II Pro Eval board .. and i runned several examples and did some gdb examples of debugging from the EDK ..
Well as i speek i'm downloading the documentation of Active-HDL's
CoVer interface .. and it appears that is also possible to do C code debbuging exactly the same way as is done in the EDK ..
So this tool encompases more than 5 tools. And also gives you the flexibility of scripts to handle other not very standard tasks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back