Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spartan 3an FPGA Starter Kit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansijing

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am a newer to the FPGA. I bought a Xilinx Spartan-3an FPGA Starter Kit recently. When I applied DC 5V on it, the power LED flickered. When I connected it to PC, the OS didn't show "Found New HardWare Device". Can someone tell me how to solve problem?

Thank you!

Which operating system are you using?

Go to device manages>>properties and see if you an find anything connected under USB port.

Try installing cable driver.

I installed ISE 10.1 on my vista system. But I think it's strange the power LED flickered when I applied DC.

That sounds kinda weird!!

First make sure your power supply & board are in good shape, try running it on different machine.

I think power supply and board are in good shape. When I opened package and applied voltage first time, the power LED flickered.

Status
Not open for further replies.