Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser CNC plotter by DaKKi

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

It’s one of the most practical applications of DVD laser. Plotter is based on step engines from old floppy disc station 5,25”. Engines are quite punctual (1.8 Deg/step, 75 ohm)
Runners are standard – drawer from ebay. Works quite well. As a feed screws I used typical M5 and it works fine with 3 nuts per axle. Firstly there were bearings at the end of screws, but I through them away cause to be honest they only interfere.
Steering electronics is focused on ULN2803 drivers from **broken link removed**
Main board with optioisolation that secure LPT port, I made on one transoptor PC847 and SN7414 system. On/off laser control I made on mosfet, that is controlled by 2 transistors BC547
Mosfet control steering system for laser with current regulation from die4laser web, I made that before. Laser design you can find at DaKKi web.
Steering electricity is powered by miniATX by DELL 150W
Device is controlled by ArtSoft Mach3 by G-codes. You can make it in converter that is in Mach 3 in *.dxf file.
In black plastic, picture is burned with 200mA and is quite good. At black paper / foil you can burn with 300mA with 300-350 you can make nice lines in wood ( speed is 30-35mm/min) but 350 mA is top limit for DVD recorder diode. I burned one with 375mA
Warning – laser light with that power is very dangerous for eyes!
Text comes from http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1584821.html

hi
are yu can draw on glass and fiber and what the material you can write on it and how much price your
laser head

Cute idea !
Tell us more about it:
Jog speed, accuracy, material type to scribe on, ...etc

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.