Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap power amplifier 2x750W based on discrete elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Most important assumptions was to create cheap amplifier. To do that I used as little elements as it is possible. It’s a prototype, but also final version that means that any upgrades are not necessary. Amplifier should work with 4 subbases 18” sometimes in hard situation like wetness, short circuits, shakes.
Power amp is very similar to bipolar 2x550W/4R. consist 6 pairs of bipolar transistors 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 per channel.
Power supply:
Filtration of amplifier is 16x3300uf/100V. rectify bridges 25A/1kV per channel. At condensers is 2x94-97V DC. Power transformer 1500VA and voltages 2x67V/2x11,5A and 2x15V/1A
Cooling system
Heart of cooling system for transistors are 2 radiators. Dimensions of them are 33x13x3,5cm per channel + angle bars. But I’m going to put 4 ventilators 10x10 because with big load radiators get worm. But only radiators, rest of elements are cool.
Secure system
Are much faster and better than at previous construction of bipolar 2x550W. Making secure system I didin’t use any integrated circuits. So we have:
- thermic 90*C
- shorting
- overloading ( e.g. wrong impedance of speakers or branch broke)
- against DC ( start work with 1,5V up to 100V)
- soft start ( time = 2s) and fast speakers disconnection
- soft start of transformer

Besides there are 3 indicator lights for each channel:
Green – property work of transformer, columns are on
Yellow – thermic warning and overloading
Red – short circuit, DC, overloading, temperature.
More information you can find at https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1541184.html/

Nice project! I have however a small problem with your power specification.
A linear amplifier with 750W RMS output consumes at minimum 1050 W DC power and needs a transformer with 1650 VA power
rating (assuming a full wave rectifier).

Only a class D amplifier with ideal PFC power supply could source 750 W output power and not request much more than 750 VA apparent input power.

Its nice.but i will like the circuit diagram to be posted.thanks

The requested circuitdiagram has not been posted yet,please i will be glad to have it on this forum soon,thanks

The original post is dated almost a year ago and "gres" last activityin this forum (from his profile) is dated 17/6/2010

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.