Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas for fast mathematical calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Can anyone provide me details about ,fast calculation of maths.i.e..
there are some course around for the same.
can i get any shortcuts in calculating maths for longer problems

fast calculation

Hi, ur question is not clear.
If you need to compute quickly simle multiplication/division checkout Vedic Mathematics. Some simple things can be made feasible by application simple algebra.

for ex S = (x+5)*(x+5) = x*x + 2*x*5 + 25.

if x is multiple of 10,
S = x * (x+10) + 25
35*35 = 3*4|25 = 1225

similarly you can have for others.

Hope you were looking for such a thing.

BRMadhukar

how to do fast calculation

Hi

Please look at the following URL about

"Trachtenberg Speed Math"

I have prev. read a book about it. It is fine.

1. h**p://www.speed-math.com/

* -> t

tnx

tips for fast calculation

Any chance of getting a complimentry copy.

fast calculation tips

There are many websites who are providing tips and tricks for calculating fast. But have you heard about Vedic Mathematics.

Using Vedic Mathematics you can calculate 10-15 times faster without using pencil and paper.

These Vedic Techniques can help people in competetive examination where time is less. Vedic Mathematics is a form of mathematics that has been there in India from pre-historic times. Many saints and others (including Shankaracharyas) have contributed to this amazing mathematical idea for simple and complex computations.

These simple techniques is just one proof to show how much people have used their brain, when there was no pencil and paper (and of course calculator!). No wonder, great epics and other things have stood for centuries.

There will be no alternative to calculate fast except Vedic Mathematics. I have recently joined online courses of www.magicalmethods.org It's a good website so I am recommending it to you.

How can you calculate 10-15 times faster by knowing vedic mathematics. Let me give you an example

Here I am giving an a simple trick to find out cube root fast

If I took a two digit number and cube it on a calculator and gave you the result but not the original number - could you extract the cube root? Let's how we can do that with this Vedic trick ...
First do some homework:
Memorize the cubes of the digits 1 through 9: 1, 8, 27, 125, 216, 343, 512, 729.
Memorize the "endings" of the cubes. For example, the ending of 93
is 9 because 93 is 729. The "ending" (or last digit) is 9.
our list will be:

"1 cubed ends in 1" is abbreviated "1----> 1"
"8 cubed ends in 2" is abbreviated "8----> 2"

and so as follows:

1-------->1
2-------->8
3-------->7
4-------->4
5-------->5
6-------->6
7-------->3
8-------->2
9-------->9

These are easily memorized. 1 and 9 (at the extremes) are "self-enders", as are the 4, 5, and 6 (in the center). The others involve "a sum of 10": 2 ends in 8, 8 ends in 2, 3 ends in 7, and 7 ends in 3

Now how to do the trick!

Ask your friend to secretly pick any two-digit number and then have him or her use a calculator to cube it. Let's say he picks 53. So using the calculator he computes 53 x 53 x 53 . He then tells you the cube: 148877.

To instantly determine his original number, do the following:

• Drop the last three digits and find the largest cube contained in 148. This is 53 = 125, so the tens-digit is 5.
    (This is why you had to memorize the cubes of the digits 1 through 9)
  • Now go back to the last three digits. Look at the last digit, 7. That's the same ending as 33, so your units-digit is 3.
    (This is why you had to memorize the "endings" of the cubes for digits 1 through 9)
So the cube root of 148877 is 53

This trick is only .1% of Ancient Indian Vedic Mathematics

cheers
milepearl

[/list]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back