Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light activated switch/relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkanochi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Given: **broken link removed**
On the third page is schematics. Unfortunately, I am not very good with schematics but my question is: I need relay that will turn relay ON if light is exceed certain intensity. Is there way to rewire this unit so it will do exactly what I want? I will have to calibrate level of light on which relay will click ON therefore variable resistor will be very helpful. I do understand this device already have one. I will appreciate any help and advice. If you happen to know where I can find complete unit or a Kit with properties I am looking for - I will appreciate this information also.
Thank you VERY much in advance,
Respectfully, Nikkanochi

If you want to calibrate somehow a light sensor you have to use a comparator rather than single discrete transistor ..
Here is an example that uses comparator (LM311) but you can replace it with almost any opamp (eg. LM358, ..) ..
https://www.circuitstoday.com/light-activated-switch-circuit
With P4 you can adjust sensitivity, whereas with voltage divider R3/R4 (both can be replaced with a potentiometer) you can 'calibrate" light level ..

Rgds,
IanP
:|

Nikkanochi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank You Very Much!
By any chance do you know any ready modules or kits that would be easy to built or adgust to scheme you suggest? I would speculate that it would be very similar to Dark activated switch/relay but with changed action on relay...
Again, thank you a lot for you expertise!
Sincerely,
Nikkanochi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back