Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What you think about WIZNET W3100A chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
w3100a

it is real good. i have used it and it is 10 times faster then a software implementation of tcp-ip stack. Earlier almost 50% time of uc was consumed in tcp/ip routines in particular checksum calculations.
now all that time is available for control application.
it is real good
hock

w3100a

We had some technical problems using it, mainly related to software configuration, and we discovered that Wiznet support is not very good.

wiznet 8051

Andrea said:
We had some technical problems using it, mainly related to software configuration, and we discovered that Wiznet support is not very good.

Can you tell me more about this problems, please?

w3100a chip precio

Somebody knows where I can find more information about this chip (no the official website) e.g. circuits or projects? Thank you very much if you can give this information!!!

wiznet module causing problems

About our problems, mentioned before: they were related to firmware upgrade (we needed to upgrade some modules to the same FW version of others) but it was a problem due to some misunderstandings.

The thing is that in that case the thecnical support was very poor and slow, and this is not good when you start with new designs or components.

wiznet any good

Can you tell me guys how fast WIZNET? Is it good for data flow about 5-8Mbytes/second? How it compare to LAN91C111?

w3100a how to

in theory it is capable of the data rates u have mentioned.
but if u are using it on a 8 bit or 16 bit uc then the botelneck is in uc not wiznet. 8051 has a instruction time of 1us or 1MB/S
hock

w3100a

2 SaNToS

sources and circuits will be there for a some time ->
h**p://embedded0.nm.ru/wnetzx/

where will get wiznet w3100a

**broken link removed**

w3100a issues

Hey please help me someone ...i also hav Wiznet module NM7010B+. please tell me hoe should i start .
i m done with only the spi communication part with it . i have read all datasheet but not getting the basic concept for where to start ? with which protocol . i also dont know what to put iin shar register. and IP source IP addresse register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back