Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on Sensors - collision detection system for trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

8thperson

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help on Sensors

Greetings!

I need help on selecting sensors for my project. I want to make an anti-collision device for trains. I just want to make a prototype with minimal functionality right now.

I got lots of US Patents to get Idea of how to make this all done, but that approach includes very expensive equipments like GPS receivers, radio modems, micro-processors and lot more, I can't afford it :cry:

Right now, can any one tell me any way to just detect the collision b/w train with train. Suppose if both trains are on same track, in opposite directions, coming towards each other. What would be the most efficient and simplest way of detecting collision? what kind of sensors and receivers/transmitters would be appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.