Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in 433 mhz transmitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

badri89

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi my friend has got a 433 mhz tx and rx module.. the tx is of 4 pin and rx module is of 8 pin..but we are not having datasheets of it..the tx and rx module resembles this :

**broken link removed**

is this a serial interface..if so am i supposed to use max 232 driver??

thanks in advance

What makes you think you need MAX232? You do not need it all!!

Almost all 433Mhz TX & RX module are the same, you can refer to equivalent module from some other vendor.

then what is the type of transmission..it is serial right??..so i need to juz plug the appropriate pins of the module to the tx and rx pins of the microcontroller,right?

Transmission is serial. Yeah, you have to hook RF module directly to the uC.

Good luck

Hi,

The modules accepts "Serial" Data, that does not necessarily mean you use the Usart pins on the micro.

To use those RF modules properly you need to use Manchester Encoding otherwise you will never find your transmission among all the other 433mhz signals.

Have a look at this tutorial for guidance
http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial12.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.