Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SATA PCB layouts in GERBER, PDF or any CAD software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I need SATA PCB layouts in GERBER, PDF or any CAD software. I am intending to add SATA HDD support to my OMAP via USB 2.0 interface. I am planning to use JM20339, but the manufacturer lacks of the PCB guidelines.
I would be thankful if you send/point to me any source of information about the specifics of the SATA design.

Thank you in advance
Drago

Re: SATA Layouts needed

I was going to list a few but please use these terms and type into google

sata layout design guide

There are ones from intel and also some from Xilinx and Altera in those results.

All are based on specific stackups and your most critical choices will be materials for your substrates and choice of widths and spacings for your pairs and do keep inter pair skew to a minimum.

:F

SATA Layouts needed

I do agree that the stackup is the most important, since the dielectric thickness is directly related to the differential impedance of the pair!
Why the substrate is so critical? Aren't they all using FR4?

Re: SATA Layouts needed

Drago said:
I do agree that the stackup is the most important, since the dielectric thickness is directly related to the differential impedance of the pair!
Why the substrate is so critical? Aren't they all using FR4?

Depending on the substrate used, the surface is not always even, so choice of pre-preg can be quite important especially if you are using very thin distances between the trace and ref plane and also chane on Er and V depends on length of tracks you route also.

:F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back