Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SolarCell with titanium oxide

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found some info on building ones own solar cell with glass plates with a thin layer of titanium oxide on one and the other with a thin layer of graphite and then some liquid which can't remember in between. Anyone who have built your own solar cell that has some decent efficency? Is it possible to build in a small workshop (the garage)? I was really bad at chemistry at school, this is my chance to reclaim what I missed.

eddie

I would think that the cost pressure on solar cell manufacturing would have let commercial companies to use this method if it was reliable and cheaper than silicon PN junctions.

It is well worth the fun and learning experience to make one yourself, but do not expect decent performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back