Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic devlopment board help .

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihir08

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys , i want to build a simple devlopment board for pic 16f84a where i can expriment with diffrent programs and drive leds and relays .

can any one plese post any such schematic and pcb layouts .

thnks
mihir

Have a look on Microchip's web site. There are circuit diagrams for their development/demo boards (PICDEM I think they are called).

Keith

do you think pic 18 series is okay to start with ??
can you suggest some books on pic 18 series or all other related materials like programmer board etc....

Hi,

I would not be too concerned about trying to build a complete development board, you are much better building things up as you develop your programming skills.

For a start you just need a power supply, a pic and and a couple of leds.
Fit them to a large board so you can slowly add on things you actually need, say 3 or 4 switches then a lcd etc.

On the big ready made dev boards like the Mikroe Easy Pics, who uses all the hundreds of switches and leds they fit onto the board.

The 18F is very simillar to the 16F, but it is a bit easier to program, however with so much info on the 16F being available perhaps starting with the 16F might be better for you.

You do not say which language you are intending to use, but if its Assembler have a look at this tutorial which combines hardware and software.
http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial.htm

Try Picdem Kit, With Pickit2 Programmer,small board,very easy to use and inexpensive.

Microchip as been optimized For C language,don't waste your time with assembler,
and C is more user frendly. you can learn a lot's on Microchip Site ,application note,you have all you want.

hope this Help

cocoloco said:
Try Picdem Kit, With Pickit2 Programmer,small board,very easy to use and inexpensive.

Microchip as been optimized For C language,don't waste your time with assembler,
and C is more user frendly. you can learn a lot's on Microchip Site ,application note,you have all you want.

hope this Help
There are many lowcost board for pic18f see for example
**broken link removed**
or **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.