Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc to ac convertor, my pulses into sinusoidal wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan_merter

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys i need a circuit which converts dc 5v to ac 5v
i know other circuits with tranformators but i don't need to increase my voltage value i just need to convert my pulses into sinusoidal wave

it is important to control a ac motor's speed

thanx

dc to ac convertor

How much current do you need? Does it really need to be a sine wave? You may be able to use a square wave in which case it becomes a lot simpler.

Keith.

Re: dc to ac convertor

i am trying to design a speed control circuit for an ac motor. and the only way to control speed of an ac motor without losing torque is to control the frequency of the supply. it must be a sinusoidal wave ,motors can only work properly with sinus.

i don't need very high current, i am not gonna force the motor it will work on idle, max 1 Amp enough, but the higher voltage is the better.

adnan_merter said:
it must be a sinusoidal wave ,motors can only work properly with sinus.

Are you sure that is correct? There seem to be brushless 3 phase motor drives that use square waves.

Assuming you really do need a sine, have you considered a sine PWM drive? Is it a single phase motor?

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
Are you sure that is correct? There seem to be brushless 3 phase motor drives that use square waves.
Keith.

Sorry i should have used the correct words, motors can be driven some kind of signal shapes but i am intended to use 3 phase brush-less inductive motor and it is better driven by sine waves ,and the other types you told are a little expensive i think

dc to ac convertor

just of the culf,

use a resistor ladder to drive a npn transistor to generate the sine wave, code could easily speed up or slow down your run up and down the resistor ladder

should be easy to find a 1 amp transistor

you need to do this with 3 ladders and keep the phase 120deg apart

Status
Not open for further replies.