Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt about laser power in laser transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOMI_2009

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm making a laser torch based transmitter n receiver using 2n5777 phototransistor in receiver. plz tell me what must be the min power of the laser torch?

Better consider what is max power. Max output power for low cost red laser torch is 5mW.
For 100mW,200mW,500mW You are in deep problem, specially things around You.

You may use miliampermeter between power source and torch to see consuption current.

Last edited:

I'm making a laser torch based transmitter n receiver using 2n5777 phototransistor in receiver. plz tell me what must be the min power of the laser torch?
Practically you are safe untill the junction of the 2N5777 is burnt off. With your post its not clear wether you are asking what is the least power of the your Laser torch on which it can illuminate or You want to know what are the different power options available with different makes of laser diodes? Just guessing a answer to your querry decrease the power of the laser module with a wirewound potentiometer untill the receiver is capable of receiving and that level is the minimum power of the laser torch.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back