Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This is a working RS232.... ICD2 !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I build a IC2 clone based on Lothar Stolz schematics. So far it work fine with my Mplab 7.31. My issue is, can i use my icd2 clone with explorer 16 board? Anybody done this before pls help..best regards

be_jouster said:
Hi all. I build a IC2 clone based on Lothar Stolz schematics. So far it work fine with my Mplab 7.31.

I want to build the USB version of that ICD2. Is your USB version too?

Thanks
Stepic

Hello,

I read itself the Thread. Now I am confused a little by the whole versions 8O . Does the version of the ICD of crazyduck in connection with MPLAB 7.50 function? I would like to build these, possibly also extended on USB.

Greeting Sascha

Hi,
My RS232 ICD2 works well with MPLAB 7.5 and highter !!!!

If you want an ICD2 on USB port take look at the topic on edaboard:

You'll find everything to build a full speed USB ICD2 clone.

CD:D

If it runs under MPLAB 7,50, that is enough to me first times. USB can follow later. Draw the straight connection diagram for the PCB. I use Target. Then later i posts my version. Only the Bridge rectifier in your connection diagram sees a little strangely wired out. A beautiful work of you.

Greeting Sascha

hi CD,
what is the benfit of two seperate regulators
beside why they are different in types

thanks

Hi all,

I also built an IC2 clone based on Lothar Stolz schematics. But it doesn't work. Below is the error message:
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2

ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2

MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

I tried many bootloader which including the one attached in this topic. I used 16F877A instead of 16F876A. I checked the voltage of Max232 Pin2 and Pin6 is normally 10V and -10V. But the voltage of MCLR of PIC is always oV. Is it normal?

I also try this on many version of Mplad including 6.3, 6.4,6.6 and 7.1. I am not sure which version should be suitable for ICD2 R232.

Anyone can help me? Thanks!

icd2 problem

Hello,

I just built an ICD2 debugger (the USB version from Lothar Stolz).

The problem is that i can't connect to it from MPLAB. I tested the USB to serial part with a serial port monitor and everything seems to be ok. I keep getting the following message:

ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port. (Windows: GetLastError() = 0x2. 'The system cannot find the file specified")

I use Mplab version 7.50

Anyone have any idea what this mean?

Thank you

hmmmm after many hours spend on "extensive debugging" I managed to get it working. :D.

It seems that the problem comes from the Mplab which has a bug on the com port adresses. If the port adress is smaller than COM3 everything works fine. If port adress is larger than COM2 I have problems connecting. I found out about this problem after reading this entire topic a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back