Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling Servo Futaba S3003 with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plitchwook

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i'm trying to control a servo Futaba S3003 using a pic, i've been searching lot of information on how doing it, the thing is that it looks very simple but it just doesn't work and i can't figure why.
I wrote the easyest code to make the servo spin right, left, and go to the center but it just turns to the right. I've tried all the kombinations of duty-cycle possible but he continues spining just to the right. Anyone had the same problem already ?

Cumps.

Its a while since I have looked at RC servos, but they used to work from a 0.6ms to 2.4ms positive going pulse, I think. Have you checked your pulse on an oscilloscope to see what range you are using? I am not sure what repetition rate they need - what rate are you using?

Keith.

50 Hz repetition rate is a standard, but it's not critical. With analog servos, the repetition rate possibly
affects the servo gain, digital are mostly insensitive to it. 1.5 ms pulse width should move the servo to
neutral position.

Hello,
I have 2 servoS3003 to lead 1 robot.
But I have to send 1ms to the first SEROS3003 et 2mS for the second
in a period of 50hz in the same time to move the robot forward.

It is possible?
I modified the servo so i can make a complete rotation.

If you have PIC16 you can use CCP module to create PWM by control frequency at 50 Hz(Period 20 ms) and control ON stage as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.