Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

program for to read and write data from pen drive using pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitul shrivastava

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello sir,
i am making project on usb to usb data transfar.for that we have used an interfacing chip ft245bm between usb and microcontroller pic16f877a. now we need programe for data transfar from one pen drive to another pen drive?

well, as far as i know, ft245 is a host to peripheral interfacing chip whose usb side is connected to a host computer instead of a usb device, pen drive etc.

I know the PIC libraries include a small FAT(12?) file storage capability. This means that you can have easily your data into the device.

Anyways, Philoman is right, you need a host! Microchip PICS USB-enabled have some host capabilities. But then it will make the ft245 useless, since you can plug the USB directly in the microcontroler.

Re: program for to read and write data from pen drive using

It's important to understand that a USB link has two distinctly different ends. One is the host end and one is the client end. In the case of the pen drive, it is a client and can only talk to a host. Host can't talk to a host and a client can't talk to a client.

The FT245 is a client that typically connects to to a host port in a PC, it is incapable of talking to another client so you can't use it to interface to a pen drive, you would be connecting client to client.

You need to use a USB host device, either in a bigger PIC (24F, 33F) or a peripheral host IC.

Brian.

Re: program for to read and write data from pen drive using

dsPIC33 host?? I am not sure.

But you can use PIC24 or PIC32 controllers or ARM controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back