Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

u-blox LEON-G100 connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebullba

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
i have buyed LEON-G100 GSM module connected it like in picture. Connection i get from datasheet of LEON, but module dont work propertly. When i try to send something using HYPERTERMINAL i get same mesage back. Rx and Tx wires do not touch, so module echo back all mesages. I dont have any ideas how to make it work.
I searched much in web about LEON-g100 but dont find much. Maybe somebody have worked with this module or have any expirence with such problem. Looking for any help or advice :))
PS. Module is connected like DTE<> DCE(LEON), MAX3232 work good ( 100%) and sim connected good. On Vcc i putted some capasitors so Vcc is stable.

Hope Hope :))[/img]

Problem solved :)
I used 2 power sources: 1 for MAX3232 and second for LEON and these 2 power soureses had 2 grounds. So needed just to make 1 ground.

Hi

I've ordered two of the G200's but they are pretty much the same as the G100's - mine should arrive tomorrow!

How did you do your antenna connection?

andret said:
Hi

I've ordered two of the G200's but they are pretty much the same as the G100's - mine should arrive tomorrow!

How did you do your antenna connection?

Hi,
antena connection is very easy just used SMA jack (50 Ohm)for mine GSM antena with SMA connector. I used ME500L/3m/SMA(M) antena. On supply line puteed few capasitors and pluged direct Lion batter from nokia 3.7-4.2 V.

Excellent!

I was a little worried about the antenna part but now I think I'll just push ahead and board it :)

What are you using the gsm module for?

I try to do a GPS traker with data transfer over GPRS :) everything almouste done need just finish AVR-atmel programing and to do final PCB. GPS data will be displayed on php based map with some zoom, just basic for start :). Actualy on this projet work 3 people :) For now i try to put microphone( just cant find right in shops :) ) Now i connected to leon one speaker to SPK_N/P pins (like in data sheet) and can hear Pink Panter melody when somebody calling to GSM.
Between about antena, i forgot to say that i desined micro strip with AppCAD.(Passive ciriuts> coplanar wave giude) with PCB parameters: free sapce FR-4, H=1.5mm T=75 um, but i thing its not nesesery at all.

Excellent

For now I just want to connect the gsm module and start using it through AT commands. I have made antenna connection like the attached image

**broken link removed**

I'm not sure if it will work.[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.