Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5 Installation Procedure for RedHad 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently came a across this topic as I am in the process of setting up Cadence on Suse 9.3. I followed the suggestion made and am stuck at the following point:
After step 22 I invoke /tools/cds5/tools.lnx86/bin/lmgrd –c license.dat. The error I get is that it will not reognize the host. It tells me that the host is invalid. I have no idea what to try anymore so I would appreciate any ideas. By the way, when using csh is it normal to get unknown host?

Thanks.

Hi, RF_Router,

Thanks for your post.

I got it running, but having a minor problem.

Whenever, I try to rlogin from another PC to my LINUX BOX.

IC50 does not work right, telling me I do not have a license when I try to do a simulation. However, if I try the same thing on my LINUX box, it works fine.

Do you have any insight on what is going on?

Thanks

Hello

I fixed my problem with the host and have Cadence and LDV51 running nicely on Suse 9.3. The problem was that the license would not recognize my host name. It would always say it is invalid. This was solved by adding the host to /etc/hosts.
I don't really know a lot about Linux (yet), but you could check your license host matches the one in /etc/hosts, especially when login on from a different PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.