Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Student - Hardware && Software for a embedded system

Status
Not open for further replies.

System.out

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Do you know any cheap hardware to run any of the embedded software ?
Do you know any software that i could run on my PC i386, booting off a diskette ?

Well, anything cheap, would make it for me, as a student to learn.

Thanks

P.D.- I have read about :

Hardware: NET+50, Dragonix VZ, all the expensive boards on uclinux.org,...
Software: rtlinux,peeweelinux,uclinux,emDebian,ecOS,jacOs,...

But i all i have found is questions... :roll:

Re: Student - Hardware && Software for a embedded sy

Hi,

Are you trying learn about something specific or do you just want to learn about embedded systems in general? Unfortunately there's not too much demand for development boards so the boards you see at uclinux.org (and pretty much anywhere else) are catering to a niche market (low quantity = higher cost).

embedded systems aren't really that much different from non-embedded systems and I think you can learn what you need off of linux (after all, you can't beat free).

There used to be a linux distribution call LOAF that will boot off a floppy, and there are several others that are used for firewall, emergency rescue, etc. I think these will run on a 386.

Hello, and thanks for your answer....

I am interested on learning about embedded, also i would like to see part of linux code running on a PIC uC...

yes you can run Vxworks as well as linux with Kernel Patches for Real Time
They both will work on i386 with just 8Mb Ram floppy drive

kneed any further help let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back