Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

under voltage and over volatge cut off circuit using opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnr.reddys

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
i am wanted to know how to use opamp as an under and over voltage cut off circuit for the Lantern. I am using 6V,7Ah batery, but i am new to the hardware design so please help me out how can i do this...

Re: under voltage and over volatge cut off circuit using opa

Look up 'window comparator circuit' on google.

Re: under voltage and over volatge cut off circuit using opa

btbass said:
Look up 'window comparator circuit' on google.
If battery is about to being dead soon, the voltage will cut when it reach the mimnimum predefined level. When that happens, the voltage will rise because the load is taken away. That way, it will turn on and off many times before the battery is too dead.

A better solution is to use two opamps with hysteresis and outputs to a AND circuit. This way, you'll have a window detector with hysteresis wich prevents unwanted oscillation effect because of the nature of batterys.

mnr.reddys
I propose window size of 6,2V and 5,5V if you don't have other rating for the lantern and battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.