Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginner - Layout techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Art_of_Analog_Layout__AlanHastings
is the best book for analog layout
it also introduce some process about analog circuits

Haha, many people impove their abilities of layout by extracting layouts as converse IC engineers.

The Art of Analog Layout is the best..

Always read the DRC and LVS rule decks before you begin with your layouts. This will give you fair amount of idea about the layout rules. And some common carried mistakes be avoided

hi,I think that in spite of the tools you will use ,first you must master the process of the circuit ,such bipolar ,cmos ,bicmos and so on! then you must know that the design regulation refers to the electrolic parameter.So don't refer to the design regular mechanically, but properly!

Added after 1 minutes:

how to design the out buffer?I am a beginner!

first, learn how to use PCB Software

IC Mask Design: Essential Layout Techniques wroten by Christopher Saint, Judy Saint
is better for beginner.

I thinks The Art of Analog Layout wroten by Alan Hastings is not good for beginner,maybe beginner has to find another easy book

EcraZ,I haven't got enough points to download.
Any chance that you could send it to me?
my email:vioryee@126.com
Thanks!

kjian

Alan Hastings Book is not meant for Beginners.

Possibly for the beginner, Christopher Saint's two layout books are both worth reading.

Added after 3 hours 37 minutes:

I guess that the best way to catch up the layout skill is just to layout a small digital ckts. After that, you can try to layout a 5-transistor amplifier. I guess that that process should contain almost most of knowlege about layout.

IC Layout Basics : A Practical Guide
by Christopher Saint, Judy Saint
This is really a nice book, I have read it in the library of my university.

lokeyh said:
Several good layout books:

1. The Art of Analog Layout by Alan Hastings
2. IC Mask Design: Essential Layout Techniques by Christopher Saint, Judy Saint
3. CMOS IC Layout : Concepts, Methodologies, and Tools by Dan Clein

Please upload those books, or papers, please

thanks

Hi all,

i have gone through Dan clain's book.it is best choosen for beginers of layout.
He begins with how to start and explains till the high level.
Rgs,
bollu.

for analog layout...

check out the previous posts.

a lot have been posted on tis topic earlier

Hallo!!!
I very recommend you R. Jacob Baker "CMOS: Design, Layout and Simulation". It will be of great help for beginner, and then you can occupy more powerfull books for layout technique

hello,

intialy learn to draw stick diagram and then layouts for basic gates,like
inveter, AND gates.

before going for layouts write a code using HSPICE ( provider SYNOPSYS) or TSPICE( provider tanner) check for characteristic operation of the gates, verify the delays ,switching characteristics ,and frequcency.

Design the gates to meet this characteristics ,while desisging choose W/L ratio to meet any one of the characteristics and then go for layout part .Extract the spice from the layout after DRC and then LVS check (comparing your spice code written with the spice code extracted from the the layout).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back