Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to control some thing wireless,what are the options ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdigital

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one,
I want to know how to control some thing( e.g. motor) wireless.
Infra, bluetooth and RF are the names I heard about.
I want to know what are the equipment or ICs I have to own and know about to implement these 3 options and if there is any other solution.

I know about infra, what I need is just IR Receiver if I have an IR remote control.

what about bluetooth, wifi and RF ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: I want to control some thing wireless,what are the optio

Well this all depends what you would like to do with it
send data ?
turn something on/off ?
Plus the range you require 433MHZ RF module's work upto 250Meter the more exspensive ones can go further.
If you want to control a motor then then you would need to write your own software, There a IC'S that can send on/off but not to vary the speed of a motor

I've not used bluetooth before, This company sells some RF modules where you can send serial data to them and they take care of the conversion and the CRC stuff.
https://www.lprs.co.uk/
Also this company sell some simular stuff
**broken link removed**

Thanks so much

I still need some info about bluetooth if some one can help

Hi,

Be aware that bluetooth is available in 2 types, the more common modules have a practical range of about 3 mtrs, so I'm told by a friend who has used them.
The other type do have a bigger range up to 100meters but are quiet expensive.

I have used the Sparkfun /Ask 433 Mhz boards, they are simple to use and work well.

You do not say what micro or language you are using but there are plenty of coding examples for the 433 boards which must be used with Manchester encoding otherwise they will not work.

Hi drdigital,

Look into DataBridge modules from Starman Electric. (http://www.starmanelectric.com)

These modules provide very low latency wireless links for analog, digital, and UART data. So if you need to control you motor, you can do so through a direct analog in/ analog out wireless control, or with your own micro controller which you can wirelessly communicate using UART. These modules are also painless to configure.

- mstarman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back