Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmission mictrostrip line to coupled line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauloftin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can tell me somebody, how can I do transmission mictrostrip line to coupled line? Have you some theory? Exactly I need transmission mictrostrip line to differential line.

Thank!

Exactly, if I have SAW filter with balance input/output (differential impedance) - how can I use microstrip line as source?

is my question stupidity or is it so difficult ? :)

Or my english is so horrible? :)

Are you sure that your SAW filter requires differential input/output?

You need to use something called a "balun" at the input and at the output. You can make one from coupled lines (like a marchand balun), you can make one from lumped elements, and you can make one from a ferrite tranformer with wire windings.

The best performance would be a transmission line balun, but it will be long. I would probably go with a lumped element balun myself.

Added after 4 minutes:

such as in the following files:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back