Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP!Specifying ReadAddress for single block read in SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

YangZ

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey!

Good day to all forumers! I am currently developing an SD card controller for my school project. So far I have already establish everything but im uncertain of how to specify the start address to read the txt file that i saved in my SD card. My program uses single block read. I used winhex to check where is the location of my file saved and it says its on (offset = 0003F000). i used this offset address as the argument start address of the read command and found out that the data i received is not what is shown in winhex. Am i assigning the corret start address? Please give me some advice.

The image below shows winhex specifying the start address of my test.txt file and this is how i specify the read command in vhdl:-

when stSendRDCmd => --read the offset address at cluster2 "0003F000" of SD --card
CmdByte <= "01010001"; --cmd17
DataByte1 <=(others =>'0');
DataByte2 <= "00000011";
DataByte3 <= "11110000";
DataByte4 <=(others =>'0');
CRCByte <=(others =>'1'); --i have disable the CRC feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back